The MamaPop Pop Culture Confessional: The Bloggess Edition
Welcome to the MamaPop Pop Culture Confessional, where we receive confession of any and all pop culture pleasures, guilty or otherwise!
Today, we welcome Jenny The Bloggess, who has much awesome to share!
Herewith, Jenny's not-so-guilty pop culture pleasures, in Jenny's own words:
So my friend Katie asked if I would share my Top 5 Guilty and-Not-So-Guilty Pop-Culture pleasures and I said no because I don't have any. Then she said "Please?" and I said "I only read classics and I don't own a computer or a TV" and she said "Then what are you emailing me on?"and I said "SHUT UP KATIE. I AM A FUCKING INTELLECTUAL WHO HAS NO NEED FOR POP-CULTURE."
Then she made me feel guilty by saying something about how her cat died or her car died...I dunno...I was only halfway listening. Then I was all "FINE, I'LL DO IT BUT YOU ARE PAYING ME DOUBLE" and she informed me I wasn't getting paid for this at all. This sucks. But I'm going to do it anyway. In honor of Katie's car. Or cat. Whichever one is dead.
1. Ghost Hunters. Frankly, I watch pretty much all the paranormal/supernatural reality shows. Most Haunted, Destination Truth, Monster Search, Giant River Trouts That Will Murder You In Your Sleep, etc.
2. The entire series of Neil Gaiman's The Sandman. Yes, I'm aware that it's a comic book. Fuck you.
3. Will Ferrell. People either realize that he's a comic genius or they need to punch themselves in the neck for five minutes.
4. Twilight. Not the movie. The book. Okay, *all* the books. Don't judge me.
5. The Soundtrack to Miss Saigon. It's never not good to listen to.
6. Charlie and Lola. I don't really like the plot but I love their little British accents and I buy my kid all the books so I have an excuse to impersonate them.
7. This is kind of therapeutic.
8. www.picturesforsadchildren.com Sometimes I think it's written just for me.
9. Eric from True Blood. Bill is kind of a pussy.
10. Can I say "pussy" here?
11. Rainbows. The other day I saw a double rainbow and almost shit myself with glee. Wait, are rainbows considered part of pop culture? They feel like they should be.
12. I was supposed to stop at 5, right? I suck at directions.
So, lovelies: what guilty pop culture pleasures will you confess this week?